Cintas has acquired another independent, family-run uniform service: Clean Rental. Though Clean Rental was our competitor, it wouldn’t be right of us to not acknowledge the excellent service they provided their loyal customers for decades, and to mourn the loss of another independent business to multinational corporations.
Cintas Can’t Control Everything
With their purchase, Cintas has acquired Clean Rental’s equipment, employees, and property. What they don’t have a grip on, however, is you, the customer.
We Are Ready To Support Your Business
For those previous Clean Rental customers not wanting to deal with impersonal service and uncontrolled prices, American Wear is a proven, ready alternative. We’re a family-owned business that values the relationships we form with our customers and understand the importance of high-quality materials consistently delivered. We have no plans of selling, our business is strong, and the third generation of Auriemma leadership is ready to take the reins, which means you’ll be able to count on us far into the future.
Why This Acquisition is Problematic for Clean Rental Customers
Acquisitions rarely provide a good experience for customers of the acquired company.
- Many people who work for acquired companies either quit or are terminated. The people who know you and your account may not be there much longer.
- Routes will be consolidated, so you may get a driver who isn’t familiar with your needs.
- Quality of products or services may suffer.
- The clothing and other items that you normally get may no longer be available.
- Cintas will push Clean Rental customers into Cintas contracts, possibly before your current contract expires. You may not be happy with the new contract.
- Cintas may impose new or increased charges.
- You may be subjected to unwanted marketing for additional products or services.
- Cintas may fail to accurately integrate your company’s information into their database as they phase out the Clean Rental database. That could seriously impact service or billing.
Now that you are facing forced change, it’s the right time to switch to American Wear for the superior experience that only a family-owned and operated company can provide. We serve customers, not shareholders!
What Does American Wear Do Differently?
We take the time to get to know your business, your people and their needs, and the market you’re in, all to better serve your needs. No matter the size of your business, or the materials you need, we strive to be more than our services to your business. Our 70 years of service, three generations of family ownership, StarTrac control system, and our “all-in” guaranteed pricing will ensure you’re satisfied with our service.
Doing business with an SBE is a plus for businesses or agencies located in the New York – New Jersey metro area.
Contact American Wear For Local, Personalized, Family-Run Service
From our high-quality service to our professional-grade materials, you can count on American Wear. We’re as invested in your business as you are, and we’ll show up like it. For more information, give us a call at (973) 414-9200 to speak with a representative or an owner: John Auriemma Sr. or John Jr. We look forward to hearing from you!