If you think your uniforms are only about making your employees look their best, you’re doing them a disservice. Employee garbs are more than just garments and fashion statements. They’re an essential part of day-to-day operations, especially in keeping your employees safe and comfortable.
Uniforms do more than just create the perfect look for your staff. They keep your employees safe, protected, and productive.
Here’s how your employees are protected by their outfits:
1. Uniforms protect against job hazards.
There are different hazards in different industries. For industrial workers, they can range anywhere from extreme temperatures and large equipment to chemical exposures. The right apparel makes sure that your employees get proper protection from whatever hazards exist in your facility.
2. Uniforms protect against work discomfort.
One of the least talked about qualities of the workplace is employee comfort. Unfortunately, many workplaces still insist that their employees wear uncomfortable high-heeled shoes. As unfortunate as it sounds, appearance is still seen as more important than comfort in many workplaces. But comfort plays the most important role in productive workers. Comfortable employees are happier, more motivated, and more productive. This is the whole idea behind ergonomics and improved designs in personal protective wear. The proper attire addresses sources of discomfort and helps employees perform at their best.
3. Uniforms add security to the workplace.
Uniforms are an identifying tool. They make it easy to know who the employees are. This is more than just a matter of customer convenience. It is, more importantly, a matter of security. By making it easier to identify employees, it is also much easier to secure the premises against trespassers. Easy identification is more important than ever in this day and age of heightened security.
The Best Garbs for Your Industry from American Wear
There is no underestimating the role that uniforms play in your day-to-day operations. It is imperative to get the best apparel for your industry. This means making sure that they:
- Are of the best quality. Top-notch quality uniforms are constructed from high-quality materials. They should fit perfectly and show no signs of neglect and/or poor manufacturing. They should also be highly durable and able to withstand long wear and repeated washing.
- Get optimum maintenance. The inherent quality of your uniforms can only serve you so far. That is why quality uniforms should also include excellent maintenance. The right care prevents premature wear and tear and provides optimum protection for your employees.
- Are easily available to your employees. If there’s one thing worse than bad uniforms, it’s having no uniforms at all. Clean, ready-to-wear uniforms should be easily accessible to your employees. This ensures workplace efficiency and employee productivity. This is especially true when your employees are not saddled with the burden of having to maintain their uniforms themselves. That’s where a reliable, professional uniform service proves essential.
If you’re in the market for high-quality, dependable uniform service in New Jersey and New York, there’s only one name that stands out: American Wear! American Wear is an experienced expert in complete uniform service solutions.
With our wide-ranging catalog and a team of uniform care professionals, you can expect nothing short of the most satisfying uniform service in the area.
Start Your Uniform Program Today!
Call American Wear today at (973) 414-9200 or fill out this form to get started on your uniform program.