As the spring and summer months approach, you will probably start to receive more wedding invitations. Many people choose this time of year to have their wedding due to the great weather conditions. Once you receive an invitation, you should start planning out what you want to wear. The last thing you want is to show up looking like you just threw something together on the ride over. Taking the time to do a bit of research is the only way to look as sharp as possible at this grand occasion. Read below to find out some tips on how to stay looking your best at weddings this spring and summer.
Helpful Tips for the Ladies
We will start with tips for the ladies in the audience. While we are sure you dress in an appealing manner every day, you will need to take things up a notch when attending a wedding. This is your time to shine and you need to take full advantage of this opportunity. When trying to get your outfit together for a wedding, consider some of the following factors.
- Take Time to Decode the Invitation- Reading over the wedding invitation you were sent is a great way to find out what type of attire you need to show up in. If it is a casual daytime wedding, then getting a great looking sundress or an appealing skirt is a good move. When the invitation says it is a semi-formal wedding, it is time to break out your cocktail dress. For formal weddings, you need to wear a floor-length dress complete with gloves and your finest diamonds.
- Pay Attention to the Prints You Wear- When choosing an outfit for a wedding, pay close attention to the print. While soft floral patterns are usually very appealing, you need to avoid wearing them with brightly colored accessories. Finding a pattern and sticking with it is important when trying to look your best at a wedding.
- Layer Your Outfit For More Appeal- Another important thing to consider when putting together an outfit for a wedding is layering. Putting a brightly colored cardigan over a sundress can take your wedding look to the next level.
By following these tips, ladies will have no problem turning heads when attending a wedding.
Manly Tips for Wedding Attire
Now we move on to manly tips for wedding attire. There are a number of things men can do to make a splash at a wedding and here are some of them.
- Focus on the Fabric- Attending a wedding during the spring and summer months usually requires you to dress for the heat. The main thing a man needs to do when trying to dress for a hotter day wedding is to consider the fabrics they are wearing. Choosing a suit made of a lighter linen or cotton is important.
- The Classic Look- There is nothing better than a man who knows how to wear a suit properly. You want to make sure your look is complete from head to toe. Investing in things like handkerchiefs or cufflinks can take your wedding look to the next level.
By taking your time, you will be able to put together an appealing wedding outfit.
The team at American Wear loves wedding season and all of the enjoyment it brings to the community.